By Bill Kastanakis
Over 35 recipes to layout and enforce uniquely styled maps utilizing the Mapbox platform
About This Book
- Design and boost superbly styled maps utilizing TileMill, MapBox Studio, and CartoCSS
- Get to grips with the mapbox.js and Leaflet to create visually lovely net and cellular applications
- An easy-to-follow, quickly reference advisor to combine robust APIs and companies like Foursquare, Fusion Tables, Geoserver, and CartoDB to populate your maps
Who This ebook Is For
What you'll Learn
- Get conversant in the MapBox Editor to visually type your maps
- Learn every little thing approximately CartoCSS, and the way it's going to assist you wonderful track your styled maps
- Use MapBox Studio and Tilemill to generate your individual tiles and vector maps
- Publish your maps utilizing a number of applied sciences like node.js, Hypertext Preprocessor, and Geoserver
- Integrate with 3rd occasion APIs and providers to populate your maps with public or deepest data
- Create many various map visualization kinds like choropleth and warmth maps, upload interactivity, or even how to animate information over time
- Work with many various facts codecs and exterior prone to create powerful maps
- Learn to exploit MapBox GL to create a cellular application
Maps are a necessary aspect in brand new place conscious purposes. correct from showing earth floor details to making thematic maps exhibiting plethora of knowledge, lots of the builders lack the required wisdom to create customizable maps with mix of assorted instruments and libraries. The MapBox platform is one such platform which bargains all of the instruments and API required to create and submit a wholly customizable map.
In the preliminary few chapters we are going to dive deeper into the TileMill and MapBox Studio elements of MapBox and use them to generate customized styled map tiles and vector maps. moreover, we are going to submit those customized maps utilizing personal home page, node.js and 3rd social gathering instruments like Geoserver.
We'll additionally discover ways to create various visualizations and map kinds like a choropleth map, a warmth map and upload consumer interactivity utilizing a UFTGrid. relocating on, we dive into complicated ideas and concentrate on integration with 3rd get together providers like Foursquare, Google FusionTables, CartoDB, and Torque that will help you populate or even animate your maps.
In the ultimate bankruptcy we will learn how to use the Mapbox SDK to create and put up interactive maps for the iOS platform. by means of the top of this e-book, you are going to find out about MapBox GL and the way to create a completely practical, location-aware cellular app, utilizing the maps kinds created within the recipes.
Style and approach
An easy-to-use recipe pushed booklet that may not simply serve code samples, but additionally explains all of the concept and ideas required to totally comprehend each one recipe.